Tuesday 24 February 2009

City Art

On Monday this week, I decided to have a wander around Glasgow with my camera and just see what came up.
First of all, there was a visit to Glasgow Cathedral. I am ashamed to say that I had never been insode the Cathedral before. I have wandered around the outside before but never ventured in. It is breathtaking inside and well worth a visit if you are visiting Glasgow.


It was then a trip around the Necropolis which is also fairly amazing and finally to my old haunt down by the "squinty bridge". I just adore this area of the Clyde where old meets new in quite a spectacular manner.

The only thing that still annoys me somewhat is that the Waverley paddlesteamer can't make it further into the city anymore. I used to live right on the banks of the Clyde and watching guests faces as a huge paddlesteamer sailed past the living room window was always quite amusing.

Back in the studio today and straight into a new Clydeside piece whilst the influence is still fresh. I have painted the Finnieston Crane and the "Armadillo" a few times now and I seem to enjoy bringing something new to it each time. This is another large scale piece, which I will post here when complete.