Thursday 25 June 2009

Art, Rest and Play

Yes, I am still on the planet. (Please see evidence to the right - shiny headed man with large smile).

Thanks to those of you who have been asking after me over the past while. That's what happens when you are a fairly prolific painter and don't paint for a while. People think you have died. Well, it's nice to know that people care: or perhaps they are just wondering if the price of their original paintings have suddenly become more marketable.

Working towards the recent Art De Caf solo exhebition, whilst fun, exciting, and other such positive things, it definately depleted me of my wish to paint. Worried that it would never return again, I took advice of some good friends and have enjoyed a few nights on the tiles. The most recent of which was at the stunning Oran Mor in Glasgow's West End to see Emiliana Torinni. It really could not have been a more perfect environment to see this outstanding singer songwriter. The pleasant surprise was Emiliana's humour and willingness to chat to the audience. I loved every minute.

I have also been working on the website. If you visit Joehendry.com you will see that it has all changed again. More detail on that soon.