Sunday 20 July 2008

Bonnie Scotland


Today was one of those days when I got up
early and decided to just get out. I went to visit friends who live on the banks of Loch Awe.
It was one of those days went you expect nothing
and get a lot out of it.

Bob lives in a caravan at the moment while he is having a house built. After having some duck eggs for lunch it was off to his boat which is a whole 30 second walk from the caravan. I wasn't in the back seat for long and was soon scooting up and
down the dark blue waters of the Loch: Scotlands
longest freshwater loch. It was amazing even though
my skippering skills were somewhat questionable!


I seem to forget living in a City that some of the most stunning scenery in the world is on my doorstep and I can completely understand why Bob and others like him have decided to opt-out of City life and live an altogether more tranquill existence.
The thought of having a studio somewhere like this and painting landscapes forever crossed my mind: as did the thought of having a boat and keeping my own hens. My only regret is that I don't have any hair to feel the wind rushing through as we hurtled up and down the water.