Friday 18 July 2008

Winning Things and Marilyn Monroe Art


I found out earlier this week that I have won a place to the finalists exhibition at the "Pride In The House" exhibition at Lauderdale House in London.
I am fair chuffed! I was thinking that I have never really won anything before apart from a drawing board over 20 years ago when I was a student. Then I realised that I don't really enter competitions and you have to be in it to win it as the old cliche goes!
I am not sure if it is myself and 2 others or 4 other artists but I am furiously finishing pieces of for dispatch to London. Details of the event are on my News and Events page at joehendry.com. There is a preview evening on August 6th if you are in that neck of the woods.
Also, as promised, here's Marilyn....see the incomplete painting below. I may leave her as she is now but, knowing me I may fiddle with her a bit more.
Have a great weekend wherever you are,
Joe