Saturday 13 December 2008

Friends & Neighbours

This year seems to have gone by in a flash, especially the second half.

From a career point of view and despite the "recession", things seem to be heading in the right direction for me, for which I am truly grateful. I have taken part in no less than 11 exhibitions between August and December, the last of which finishes today. It has been an exciting time and I have tried hard not to let the pressure of demand for work affect the quality.

Recently I have been woking on a mix of work to give me balance, painting some landscapes and park scenes of favourite places that I have visited and also working on contrasting pieces.

I love working figurative pieces and the only issue I have is that of models. Believe it or not, I am quite shy when it comes to people posing for me and I tend to work mainly from photographs. I have also politely declined many requests from sitters, but it's nothing to do with them and everything to do with me feeling comfortable. My neighbour is, to say the least a bit of a character to say the least and when she offered to pose for me we had a blast putting some shots together. I am hoping to produce a series of these over the next few months. The first is in the current art section of the website in amongst the landscapes and Kiltie art!