Friday 3 April 2009

New Life in Old Art


I had a visit from another artist a few weeks ago who commented that he liked my work, although he realised that some of the paintings were not finished yet. I thought they were! Anyway, this has led to me working further and using different techniques on some pieces to see just how far I could take them.

Without getting all poetic about it, this has been one of the most exciting developments in my painting and I thought you might like to see a current piece with the painting as it was initially (red and green painting).

Also, for those of you waiting on the April newsletter, there may be a slight delay. I have been painting feverishly behind the scenes but full details soon on exciting events over the next two months including, Parade Artists Exhibition, Glasgow Southside Festival, McTears Third Contemporary Scottish Art Auction and a solo exhibition at ArtDeCaf in Glasgow's Merchant City on June 7th.