Sunday 6 September 2009

Glencoe Landscape Painting

I am really back in the swing of it at the moment and painting away like an artist should be....or so this artist seems to think!

I believe that I am having a natural progression more and more away from design-led painting and increasingly towards almost entirely emotion based painting if I can put it that way.

I am working on several Scottish Landscape Paintings at the moment and this one of Glencoe has me completely absorbed. Any of you who have travelled through Glencoe will know that it is an immediately arresting place to visit. To use a cliche, the atmosphere could be cut with a knife and the history of the place is almost tangible.

I hope I can do Glencoe justice in this painting and I am sure it will go through more transformations as I countinue to paint the canvas over the next while.