Thursday 7 January 2010

BRAEWELL GALLERIES ARTISTS

 UPDATE: Please note that I choose to no longer work with Marcus McLeod and Braewell "Galleries"

I have been working on this Goddes painting for well over a month now and she has gone through several changes. The painting has been built up in layers steadily and it is difficult to convey the subtleties in textural elements of the artwork when viewed online.

I just could not get her to look the way I wanted and have changed several features but it took a sudden decision to get her on the right track. This painting is part of a series of new artwork hich I am working on for the Braewell Galleries exhibition in Edinburgh next month. The exhibition will also feature fellow WASPS artists Frank To and Joe O'Brien.

You can compare the new Goddess here to her original state, below.