Monday 31 March 2008

Madonna, nude females and men in kilts.

Among other things, I am working on several commissions at the moment: an oil painting of Madonna in oil, a naked reclining female and a kiltie. It had crossed my mind previously to paint a kilty in tartan rather than the black muslin which I have been painting them in up until now but it was only when I received a specific request to paint in the McIntosh tartan that I actually gave it a go. 


This is the result, 95% complete and I have to say it was a lot of fun tryng to represent someting so "busy" without being too literal.

Visitors to my studio would be forgiven for thinking that there are three artists working in it at the moment as I seem to have some very distinctly different art going on at the moment.

Still, that's the way I like it!

I have got to know several other Glasgow Artists and they paint everything in a very similar, style which is recognisable as theirs. I aspire to this, but until a Joe Hendry painting style develops I will continue to vary as the mood takes me.