Saturday 25 October 2008

Art Mania


Well my fears about no-one turning up to the launch of the "Assemblage" solo show were unfounded. A huge thank you to all of you who came to the gallery on such a wet and windy night. A big thanks also to all the staff at Park Gallery who were fantastic at not only looking after all the visitors but for taking care of a slightly hyper artist at the start of the evening. The exhibition continues until the 9th of November.

I thought I would collapse in a heap after working so much in the run up to the exhibition but the energy has remained and I was back in the studio working on several new pieces yesterday which I am enjoying as I am just letting them develop and see where they go on their own.

It's funny the things that people notice. I had a couple of phone calls from friends the other night to say that my art had been on TV. In the very sad documentary "Heroin, Mum and Me" on Channel 4, the girl who is the subject of the film is in a cafe in Brighton and guess whose art is on the wall behind them? Well, it's a start....cheers Channel 4!