Friday 31 October 2008

New Art Thinking

It's been one of these weeks when I have found that the painting has been coming free and easily and I have been able to just paint things from my head - if that makes sense.

The new piece on the right is one such example. The other thing that I have noticed is that I am changing to painting on square canvas far more frequently for some reason.

Other than that I have been thinking about how tedious the controversy over Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross has been. Has the world gone mad? Ok, it was out of order and yes, I have listened to the full broadcast. With everything else going on in the world at the moment it just seems to me that we have our priorities all wrong.

If they were going to be so offensive they could at least have gone to the trouble of being funny at the same time.