Wednesday 22 October 2008

The Exhibitionist

Tomorrow night sees the second solo show of my career at Park Gallery in Glasgow.

If there is a time for nervousness then this is it! Most of the artists I know have fears that no-one will turn up. A lot of artists I know ask other artists, just to fill the space. I also know one artist who doesn't show up to his own preview evenings, just to create an air of aloofness!

Well, everything has been done, the paint has dried and there are now 37 paintings hanging on the main wall in the gallery. I will be there barring disaster and I am looking forward to meeting some of you there.

"Assemblage" is a collection of new work and I have also re-visited some favourite pieces from the past and created new versions of them. There is even a piece which I painted when I was 15 years old.

Here's to tomorrow. The exhibition runs until 9th November.