Wednesday 19 November 2008

Amazing Grace


Apologies for the lack of updates on the Blog and on the website. As the cold weather hits I have landed myself with my annual chest infection. This one has been a sly one though: it lets you think it has gone and then comes back adding laryngitis and conjunctivitis to boot...lovely.

Anyway, enough of that. I did manage to struggle out one night, doped to the eyeballs with paracetamol, with a friend to see Sigur Ros. This was courtesy of the company that I used to work for in my old design days (it seems so long ago now) and I have to say it was an excellent gig. I think it must have got into my brain as I painted a piece which seems to have been influenced by standing ina crowd.

I also found out recently that Grace Jones is touring. Grace gets criticised by those who don't know her. I saw her for the first time in 2002 and I have to say it was one of the best gigs I have ever been to. The new album, "Hurricane" is excellent too so I got into "Jones" mode and have been painting the piece shown here just for the hell of it..