Saturday 24 January 2009

Rabbie Burns & Grace Jones


It's been a week of contrasts. I have been frantically finishing things off for submission to the second McTears Scottish Contemporary Art sale and got to chill to when I got to see Grace Jones live in Glasgow.

After several requests I have painted a Kiltie in Burns tartan to celebrate the 250th anniversary of Burn's birth. Cheekily entitled "BUrNS", I am making him available as a limited edition print too. There will only be 250 of these produced. More details on the website.

The gig really was a case of Amazing Grace. It frustrates me that many people think of Grace as a scary Russell Harty beating brat. She is a fantastic singer, outstanding live performer and is a truly funny person with a great sense of humour. After a busy week it was great to have a boogie at the Grace gig and I could hardly believe it when she performed a long version of Slave To The Rythm whilst hula-hooping! Remember: this lady is now 60 years old!

Grace had some nice words to say about Scotland: some kind soul has uploaded this clip to Youtube.

Oh and a message to my Nephew in England if he reads this - belated Happy 21st Andrew. I hope you had a great day.