Tuesday 3 February 2009

Heroin and dream art


Thanks to the eagle-eyed amongst you who spotted my art on TV again. The documentary, "Mum, Heroin and Me" was run again the other night. I managed to get a shot of it this time. This is quite a harrowing documentary and it seems frivilous to be talking about a stylised painting of Madonna when such a serious matter is the topic. However, this is what I was painting 4 years ago and I know there are a lot of similar images about now but I have to say, I still like this design. Nice to see it on TV too!

And so to today's paintings. No, I have not been on holiday, and apologies to those of you who have been looking for new art. I have been working on various pieces since completing the artwork for the forthcoming McTears auction in March and I promise to get it all uploaded soon.

In the meantime, here's a sneak preview of what to expect, although this is by no means typical of the five canvases currently on the go. Believe it or not, this is taken from a very vivid recent dream. After searching my thoughts to try and find why I was dreaming about such a place, the nearest I can get to is that I recently watched the incredible "Pan's Labyrinth".

This painting is over 3 feet square and will be in the New Art section of the website soon