Wednesday 12 August 2009

More Landscape Art


Today I delivered the second painting from the demo at Park Gallery.

I know that a lot of people who saw me begin this at the demo probably thought that it would come to nothing because when i start a painting it bears little resemblance to how it is when it is completed.

This is another landscape that I really got into whilst I was working on it. It is based on a photo I took earlier in the year when I was travelling from Helensburgh back home and took a different route from normal.

It makes me want to start travelling all over and seeing what is out there. I have had a couple of comments recently asking why I am suddenly painting landscapes but I have been painting landscapes for a long time. It's what I used to do on holiday before I started to paint for a living.

Back to Kiltie paintings tomorrow!