Thursday 15 April 2010

What Is Art

Ok, I know, you're as well asking "what's the meaning of life?"


Tonight as I was leaving the studio a new exhibition was being set up in the foyer. Some exquisite figure paintings, which I loved but then there was some "installation art". I really hate that stuff.

There was this....



....basically an ironing board with some dice on it. And then there was this.....




A discussion ensued about the merits of installation art between myself and some other artists who were leaving the building when the cleaner appeared and started cleaning . Very amusing and sums up this kind of "art" for me.

UPDATE 16th April 2010

I turned up at tthe studio today to discover that the sweeping impliment and bag of rubbish is indeed a part of the exhibition. I blame Tracy Emin.