Wednesday 12 May 2010

Tranquil Places


This year has been a busy one for me to date.

I think for many artists that in the run up to a solo exhibition, life is a whirlwhind that passes you by. i have written elsewhere about the events surrounding my solo show - lets just say it has been far from the most positive experience of my painting career so far. However, it has been good to get past this and start looking at new work.

Sometimes, I feel horrified at the thought of painting art which might be cruelly described as "chocolate box" but at the moment I am not really caring. I am thoroughly enjoying relaxing and painting some new landscape art.


It has honestly felt like the next best thing to being there. I have been in art galleries and watched the look on peoples faces change as they view a painting in appreciation. I feel this way at the moment, painting my first ever canvas with a boat in it!

Check back to see the completed painting but don't count on it being completed very soon as I am definitely taking it at a leisurely pace.